Rhubarb is one of those early spring treats that I love.This crumble is perfect for either a dessert or breakfast.
For the filling you will need:
- 2.5 cup of rhubarb, chopped and cleaned
- 2.5 cup of apple, chopped
- 3 tablespoon of favorite sweetener of choice (I use either maple syrup or coconut sugar)
For the crumble:
- 1 cup of glutenfree oat flakes
- 1 cup of almond flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/4 cup of coconut sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
Preheat oven on 180C or 350F. Combine fruits and sweetener and put in a baking dish.Mix all the crumble ingredients until evenly combined. Add this on top of the apple/rhubarb mixture in an even layer. Bake for 35-45 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the fruit is bubbling. Let it cool a bit and serve with coconut yoghurt or dairy free ice cream.