Nothing is more refreshing than cucumber when summer is about to hit us. It’s super hydrating and is a get addition to a smoothie or a juice. This smoothie is not really a sweet one, it’s based on flavours of a savoury Indian lassi drink. I added some kala namak to the smoothie, an Indian sulfuric salt that is also part of a spice blend called chaat masala. The salt is known for it’s high mineral content and it’s sulfuric smell. However if you can’t find this salt or spice mixture you can leave it out. Maybe the ingredients combination will strike you as strange together, but trust me it is good. My daughter just drunk the whole bottle, so it’s kids approved too!!
- 1 cucumber, chopped roughly
- 1/2 pineapple cleaned and chopped up
- small piece of ginger about 2 cm/ inch, chopped up
- handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
- handful of fresh mint, chopped
- juice of a lemon
- pinch of kala namak or chaat masala, optional
- a piece of green chili for some spice, optional
- 1 cup of water,coconut milk or coconut water
- 1/4 cup of coconut yoghurt or other plant based yoghurt
Blend all ingredients together in a high speed blender until smooth, you can add some more liquid for a thinner version. Or chill this and serve this as a refreshing cold soup with some extra finely chopped cucumber and pineapple to garnish. All ready for a long and hot summer, with this refreshing drink!!